This was a very nice, refreshing organic smoothie made with local California farmers market strawberries, raspberries, persimmons and dates. I also added organic bananas, coconut water/meat and wild extracts of goji, rhodiola, eleuthero and schisandra.
Blend (of course this recipe does not have to be exact, nature will work her magic):
- 2 bananas
- 1 persimmon (remove pits)
- handful strawberries
- handful raspberries
- 3 dates (remove pits)
- water & meat of 1 young Thai coconut
- Four Sigma Foods Sport Herbs: goji, rhodiola, eleuthero, schisandra
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
Now feel amazing.
The benefits of the herbs:
Goji - protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
- revered for its youth preserving, health protective, strengthening, and mood-supporting properties, regarded as one of the elite tonic herbs in the world, the Goji is said to act on the Kidney and Liver meridians to help with lower back pain, dizziness and eyesight, potent anti-oxidant
Rhodiola - adaptogenic herb
- strengthens the nervous system, reduces depression, enhances immunity, elevates the capacity for exercise, enhances memory, aids weight reduction, increases sexual function and improves energy levels.
Eleuthero - one of the most powerful adaptogenic herbs
- helps body adapt to stress, strengthens memory and keeps the mind clear, creates sustained long-term energy without the negative effects of caffeine based stimulants.
Schisandra - “the herb that does it all.”
- It develops and protects the primary energies of life, supports vitality and beauty, promotes beautiful skin, purifies the blood, supports the mind, helps maintain a strong memory and benefits sexual energy in both men and women.